Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thoughts for the Week



1. I turned to my friend the other night - I believe I was in the midst of constructing luminescent jewelry in an Irish pub - and I said, "For the record, I love my life." My friend hadn't questioned this in any way - I think I just needed to hear myself say it out loud. He smiled and said, "I'm glad - you should."
2. We're meant to go through various stages of self-reinvention. That's why God invented hair dye.
3. If the Republicans win the Presidency, I'm headed back to England. Just ask my friend, Karl - he might actually refuse to have anything to do with me otherwise. He still hasn't gotten over Election 2004 - but then, who really has?
4. Every time somebody says, "McCain for President!" a little baby panda dies. Remember that.

No comments: