Tuesday, August 04, 2009

There is no "one"

This is reposted from a Flavorwire article on Paper Heart, a documentary about love (suppress your gag reflex, though, because the documentary's creator doesn't actually believe love exists). The comments from some of Flavorwire's "favorite musicians, filmmakers, visual artists, comedians, and designers" on the subject were the most interesting to read. I particularly liked the very first one by Zia McCabe from The Dandy Warhols because I wholeheartedly agree with her philosophy:

There are no “perfect” matches.

I’m assuming by The One you mean that there is one special person out there for you, your one true love? If that’s the question, for me the answer is NO. I believe that there are all kinds of people out there that I could make a happy life with. Men and women. I feel that we make decisions about who our partners and friends and lovers are based on how we fit together and complement each other and that there are no “perfect” matches. I do believe that there are magical connections between individuals and that settling too soon can cause one to miss out on making these special connections. I feel that love is beautiful and vast and it would sadden me to think that there is just one person out there for me on this entire planet, and I would be consumed with worry that I had chosen the wrong person to be with. For me that’s no way to live.

- Zia McCabe is a percussionist, bassist and keyboard player with The Dandy Warhols. The band released The Dandy Warhols ARE Sound, the “Director’s Cut” of 2003’s Welcome To The Monkey House, in July 2009 on their own label, Beat The World Records. They will be touring in the US in September.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This mashup song proves that that there is no "one". I'd be happy listening to either band. ;-)

(Hope I don't bug you with all my comments, I don't have many people to share music with...)

Amanda said...

I LOVE IT. Keep the music comin. That deserves to be a song of the day, I think.