Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Men willingly believe what they wish"

I have so much to say on the topic of health care reform, but for now I will leave you with a quote from Julius Caesar, as well as images of the more amusing signs from the town hall protests.

"I can as well be hanged as tell the manner of it. It was mere foolery...the rabblement hooted, and clapped their chapped hands, and threw up their sweaty night-caps, and uttered such a deal of stinking breath...and for mine own part, I durst not laugh, for fear of opening my lips and receiving the bad air...." - Casca, Julius Caesar

These two are clearly mocking some of the arguments being made by opponents of health care reform.

An unfortunate typo by a semi-literate protester - proof that you don't need a brain to attend a protest, just a Sharpie and some poster board.

I love the cheeky grin on the guy in the middle. He's my hero. (You might need to click on the image to enlarge it if you're unable to read the signs.)

No comments: