Friday, September 11, 2009

Song of the Day - Beck

So considering we've nearly made it through the first ten years of the 21st century without ceasing to exist as a human race, I'm now revisiting some of the best songs of the decade for the sake of a playlist I'm putting together (talk about voluntarily doing my own head in!). In the course of digging through the mountain of gems that have come out in the last decade and attempting to narrow it down to just a select few (because I'm INSANE), I've managed to fall in love with Beck all over again. I don't know how he's managed to simultaneously go mainstream (to an extent, anyway) and still maintain major hipster cred. Maybe because he's just undeniably brilliant and cool. Despite having dated Winona Ryder. But who hasn't these days, really.

This is one of his tunes from the 'Mutations' album in which he dons his sentimental cap, which he wears so very well (See also: Beck's 'Sea Change' album):


Nobodys Fault But My Own - Beck

p.s. As soon as the Best Indie Songs of 2000-2009 mix is complete, you know I'll be posting it here. Just give me a little while longer to obsess over it. And who knows, some artist could come out on December 31 (technically still in this decade) with some amazingly mind-blowing tune that will demand to be included on the mix - in other words, the playlist will surely go through various renditions.

No comments: