Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gratitude

i've been on a brief hiatus on account of my life being thrown into complete upheaval. details are irrelevant; suffice to say, my heart aches and i'm having to change my course in life. i have this overwhelming sense of uncertainty and angst about it all. i can do it, i can be strong when i have to be - sometimes i just get tired of having my strength tested.

watched a documentary on darfur tonight, and i really shouldn't be complaining about a damn thing. i live quite a blessed life. it's not without its challenges, but i certainly am blessed to have all that i have. i'm grateful for every chance i've had to become a better person, to learn from my mistakes and to love with all my heart.

all that being said, nights are the worst.

-------------------------------------------------
Oh you, you have been loved by someone good
Yeah you, you will be loved
Oh will you ever know
That the bitterness and anger left me long ago
Only sadness remains
And it will pass

No comments: