Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Thoughts for the Week

1. If I were a kid with a lengthy wish list, I might be feeling a bit glum right now. But no, there's nothing more that I need. I'm content and cozy and feeling rather safe and warm with the people who have let me change over the years. That's more than enough.
2. Music saves me. And how the hell does I-Tunes manage to randomly select the exact song I need to hear at precisely the right time? One of the great mysteries of life.
3. We're constantly presented with choices. Flats or heels? Coffee or tea? White or wheat? For the bigger ones though, you have to listen to those around you, consider their input, then make the best decision for yourself and hope for the best. It's daunting and terrifying at times, but your heart knows you best and will help you out.
4. Our soulmates are those who hold up a mirror to us and show us what we don't necessarily want to see about ourselves. They can be the most difficult people to be with for this reason, but they're aides in our growing processes. We have to be cognizant of what we're supposed to learn from them, otherwise we miss the lesson and we'll have to do it again later anyway.

No comments: