Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thoughts for the Week

1. One man's pessimist is another man's realist.
2. The weight of the world's problems can be overwhelming and suffocating at times. It all can make you feel so helpless; however, you have to accept the yin and yang of life and know that your power in changing things will always be limited. In the meantime, enjoy your family, appreciate your freedom, respect your Mother Earth, vote, and know that you should never take a single day for granted.
3. Don't rely on another to do a job for you. You're better off acting as the only one in charge; that way you'll be pleasantly surprised when someone steps up to help out, rather than being disappointed when they don't.
4. Little kids should never be given whistles as toys. And if they are, they should not be allowed to stand directly below my window. My annoyance with other people's children is further evidence that I am nowhere near having children of my own. Then again, of course, my children will be different than everyone else's and will never be given whistles. Ever.
5. On that note, one should practice love and patience for all mankind, in order to "be the change you wish to see in the world" (Mahatma Gandhi). This applies to even those neighbourhood children who annoy the hell out of you.
6. I never know what I'm going to write before I start this blog, but it's funny how reflecting back on the week brings to light the many lessons I'm exposed to on a daily basis. Hmmm...not to mention the many things I've got to work on....

No comments: